1) It comes with preloaded APPS including Cabri Jr. which is a cool Interactive Geometry Software.
2) Analyze and Graph 10 Functions simultanously.
3) Access 100s of additional Functions in the built-in Catalog.
4) Use the TI 84 Calculator in Pre Algebra, Algebra 1 and 2, Statistics, Biology, Trig and Finance.
5) Split your screen Horizontally or Vertically. Use the coolest backlit color screen.
6) Communicate with other TI products such TI Smartview Emulator.
7) Collect Real-World Data. Make use of the Vernier Software.
8) Math Print technology allows the use proper notation for fractions, integrals, etc.
9) Use the TI 84 Calculator on standardized-tests such as AP Calculus, AP Statistics, PSAT, SAT, ACT, IB.
10) Connect the TI 84 Calculator to your PC or Mac using the TI SmartView CE Emulator Software.
The TI 84 Plus Graphing Calculator has been the most popular calculator in the US since its arrival in 2004 despite the development of the more modern and powerful TI-Nspire CX calculators.
There was never a TI-84. There was only the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (released in 2003), the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition (released in 2004) models, and the TI-84 Plus CE (released in 2015).
The TI-84 Plus is an improvement of the TI-83 Plus with about 3 times as much memory and a faster processor.
Also, a USB port (for a faster computer connection) and built-in clock functionality were added.
Zilog Z80 15 MHz, with 6 MHz compatibility mode.
Plus Edition: 480 KB user accessible of 1 MB
Silver Edition: 1.5 MB user accessible of 2 MB
RAM: 24 KB RAM user accessible of 128 KB (48 KB on newer models)
Text: -16-×|8| characters (normal font)
Plus Edition: 96 (0-95) × 64 (0-63) pixels, monochrome (software grayscale can be used) LCD
Plus C/CE: 320 × 240-pixel screen, 140 DPI, 16-bit color. Drawing pixel range: 0-164 x 0-264.
Link port, 9.6 kbit/s
50 button built-in keypad
Silver Edition: 4 AAA batteries plus 1 SR44SW or 303 silver oxide battery for backup
C Silver Edition and CE: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
TI-BASIC and machine code.
Assembly requires a computer with a Z80 assembler or an on-calc assembler.
Amazon has the best prices for the TI 84 calculator.
Pick your preferred calculator: TI84, TI84 PLUS, TI84 PLUS CE